To find poems, books, art, articles and news
visit the William Stafford Online Reader.

Monday, August 28, 2006

Book critiquing WS wins award; Menno Lit conference blogging

Mennonite poet & critic Jeff Gundy's book Walker in the Fog: On Mennonite Writing, which contains a chapter on WS entitled "Almost One of the Boys: Marginality, Community and Nonviolence in William Stafford" received an award named for a Brethren scholar at a Brethren college. Gundy's site announces:
Walker in the Fog has been chosen for the 2006 Dale W. Brown Award, given each year by Elizabethtown College for "outstanding scholarship in Anabaptist and Pietist studies."

read the news release
Gundy was responsible for a large part of my appreciation of WS as an Anabaptist writer. Congratulations on your award, Jeff.

Related news:
Gundy is the organizer of this year's Mennonite/s Writing conference (Oct 26-29), which I'll be attending and hopefully blogging on this site and Radical Pie.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5:17 PM

    Hey, Travis, thanks for the mention, and I'll look forward to seeing you at the conference! I surely share your appreciation of Stafford's work and life, and I like what you're doing with this blog.

    I don't quite see how organizing one conference gives me the authority to make feast days, but I hereby declare that in the minds of all who choose to accept it, August 28 is from now on the Feast of William Stafford!

    ReplyDelete