To find poems, books, art, articles and news
visit the William Stafford Online Reader.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Reviews of 'Encountering Stafford'

A running list of comments, emails and reviews regarding this site:

I surely share your appreciation of Stafford's work and life, and I like what you're doing with this blog.
--comment from poet Jeff Gundy, Bluffton University

An insightful new blog entitled Encountering William Stafford. Reminds me a little of Rilke's Letters To A Young Poet but from the perspective of the young poet.
--News From Nowhere's links page

My wife and two close friends of ours are studying William's work as a way of furthering our own consciousness and living from a place of integrity. We are enjoying this process immensely. We are considerably older than you so it would nice to have a 28 year old viewpoint in our discussions.
--email from Ronald L. Riffel, Sarasota, FL

I am a poet and a Mennonite...I have heard of William Stafford, but did not know he was 'Christian', much less pacifist...Your blog clarified the connection between Stafford and pacifism; that is the Brethren... Now that I know...Mr. William Stafford shall be my next babtism by immersion.
--email from Daniel Foote, Bethany, OK

I have briefly looked over your blog and look forward to spending more time with it. I have a dear poet friend with whom I read sometimes and it will be fun to show her your enthusiasm for Stafford. I'm looking forward to learning more about this admired poet through you.
--email from Sue Hanson, Poulsbo, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment